- To establish an Engineering Council of Zimbabwe and to provide for its functions, power and to provide for the registration and regulation of the practice of Engineers , Technicians and Engineering Firms in Zimbabwe.
- To create a safe and sustainable environment through engineering excellence in Zimbabwe
- To regulate the engineering profession through registration, monitoring and continuous professional development
FUNCTIONS OF THE ENGINEERING COUNCIL OF ZIMBABWE
- To consider and administer applications for registrations;
- To maintain the Register of Engineers and Technicians;
- To issue practicing certificates to registered persons and to cancel or suspend such certificates;
- To ensure that constituent bodies have adequate procedures to enforce ethical practice and discipline among Engineers and Technicians registered under the Engineering Council Act;
- To encourage cooperation between constituent bodies in matters of common interest;
- To take such steps as appear to Council to be necessary or desirable to advance the standing and effectiveness of the engineering profession in Zimbabwe;
- To promote the view of the engineering profession on national, regional and international issues;
- To evaluate, monitor and uphold the standards of qualifying criteria or examinations, courses and training set or offered by constituent bodies;
- To encourage manpower development to meet the requirements of the engineering profession in Zimbabwe
- To provide for the accreditation of college-based courses.
Official ECZ Web Site : http://www.ecz.co.zw